Thursday, September 10, 2009

Breakout!

Here is the current daily SPY:


Click for larger, Browser back.

The Head and Shoulders pattern I warned about below, has failed. Market action has now turned all of that into a pleasant series of higher highs and higher lows. I cautiously stayed in my long positions, taking profits as was reasonable, and made some great $$$. I hope you did too.

Today, the broad markets formed a recovery high and rallied to the point of being over bought. Trading slowed down, but did not pull back. Therefore, I have begun the process of adding to my long positions with great value stocks. I'll tell you how I screen for these in another post... coming to my favorite blog (here) soon!

Note: There are some perma-bears out there. They add to their short positions on every rally just in case the markets might turn. I feel sorry that they are so determined to place trades that have absolutely no technical reason for support. Several small, "feeler" positions, can add up to big losses and their spouts of negativity can make newbies doubt properly positioned investments. So sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment