Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Well I'm certainly confused!

"As Commander in Chief, I will do whatever it takes to defend the American people...
... That's why I'm grateful that the Senate just voted against an additional 1.75 billion dollars to buy F-22 fighter jets...
... At a time when we are fighting two wars, and facing a serious deficit, this would have been an inexcusable waste of money...
... Every dollar of waste in our defense budget is a dollar we can't spend to support our troops, or prepare for future threats, or protect the American people...
Our budget is a zero sum game and if more money goes to F-22's, it is our troops and citizens who loose.
... Now, I've also said that health care costs are the biggest drivers of our deficit..." Obama on Bloomberg 7-21-9

Well folks, that leaves me with questions...
- Why are we sure that we won't need the F-22 next year? It seems to me that we are fighting two wars. I am also not forgetting Korea, Georgia (Russia), and others.
- Won't the displaced engineers, trades people, suppliers, shippers, writers, logisticians, etc. risk becoming unemployed?

Seems to me that "stimulus" should like employing engineers, trades people, suppliers, shippers, writers, logisticians, etc.

If the F-22 budget is a "zero sum game", then how can we afford to spend a trillion on the health care bill?

No comments:

Post a Comment