Saturday, February 7, 2009

Off To The Races!

Home for me is a little town called Indianapolis Indiana. You may have heard of it, its been in the news. Indy is the home of the Indianapolis 500, the "Greatest Spectacle in Racing".

I have never driven on the track but I hear that driving our main streets and expressways are pretty similar. That same competitive spirit carries over in our hearts and results in our competitive street driving skills.

It struck me the other day (while driving) that sometimes, to get ahead, I will get out of the lane that I am in and then get into another lane. That way, I believe that my results will improve. Sometimes I proceed with caution, other times, when the road ahead is clear, I am able to really go for it. Sometimes, I take a pit stop when the car doesn't feel rite or I need a break.

This driving paradigm is very similar to the way that I am learning to trade. Sometimes, to get ahead, I will sell a stock and buy a different one. That way, I believe that my results will improve. Sometimes I proceed with caution by buying just a few shares, other times, when the road ahead is clear, I am able to really go for it. Sometimes, I take a pit stop when the my spirit doesn't feel rite or I need a break.

Could I some day become the "Greatest Spectacle in Trading?" Could you?

No comments:

Post a Comment